Check out our popular day-off school and summer camp:
- This event has passed.
Virtual Kidinary Kitchen Scientist Summer Camp w/ Chocolate Mania | Ages 8-13| June 15-19
June 15, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until June 19, 2020
Does your budding kid chef love cooking or chocolate? Science and math have never been this tasty in this year’s new virtual kids summer cooking camp. Campers will learn all about the magical and mysterious science behind how foods are made as they create and enjoy their own lunch. Students will learn recipes and techniques for things like Yeast Pretzels (fermentation), Dressings and Pan Sauce (emulsion), Chocolate Mousse (the science of chocolate), Chocolate Ice Cream bowls, and more. To make science even sweeter each day students will make a chocolate dessert in addition to their savory lunch that serves up to 3-4 people.
On the last day, students will put their chocolate science skills developed throughout the week to the test to create a delectable advanced chocolate dessert (please note there are no competitions in this camp, but there is a final day “showcase”).
- Classes are held in Central Standard Time.
- No previous classes are required to join us in virtual classes we adjust techniques and tips for each chef based on their current skill set.
- Recipes and Ingredients list will be emailed a week in advance. All of our virtual classes use standard cooking equipment, no special equipment needed.
- At the beginning of the week, a link will be sent with instructions on how to join your private small group virtual cooking class. You can use Zoom on your computer, phone, tablet, etc. with a camera for this live interactive cooking class.
- Payments for virtual classes are non-refundable, but they are transferable to another budding chef since class spots are limited and a spot is reserved just for your budding chef.
- Adult supervision levels needed during cooking class are to the discretion of the parent based on their level of comfort and their kid’s skill level.