- This event has passed.
Thurs. May Virtual Cooking Classes | 3-4:15 pm | Ages 8-14
May 7, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until May 28, 2020
Parents take the day off from cooking and let your budding chef take over dinner for the day. Join us for our interactive virtual cooking class held online via Zoom and your chef will make a meal to serve at least 6 people.
Important Note: This will be a small-group cooking class that is held live, so a computer or Phone/ Tablet on a stand is required. This allows for classes to be interactive allowing us to give students feedback and continue our fun social cooking environment virtually. Once you have completed registration you will receive a registration confirmation. 24 hours before the class you will receive a link to the meeting along with the required password. Below is a list of ingredients and supplies needed for our virtual cooking classes. All of our virtual classes use standard cooking equipment, no special equipment needed.
Recipes and classes do require adult supervision during the end of classes cooking portion to ensure student’s safety. Recipes may require the use of a knife so please have a kid-friendly knife available. We use plastic lettuce knives in class, but you can also use a butter knife from home.
Class Day: Thursdays
Class Time: 3:00 – 4:15 pm
Menu & Shopping List: Please note upon registering and noting any allergies our staff will send over allergies substitutions if needed.
Meat portions are completely dependent on your family’s preference or typical portion size feel free to choose whatever portion best suits your family size.
- Churros & Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Flour, Butter, 2 Eggs, Sugar, Vanilla Cinnamon
- Cocoa powder, Sugar, Vanilla, Salt
Supplies: Sauce Pan, Bowls, Whisk, Measuring Cup & Spoons, Butter Knife, Cutting Boards, Spatulas, Baking Sheet
- 1 sleeve Graham Crackers, 1 stick Butter, 8 oz. Cream Cheese, 1 egg, Sugar, Vanilla, 1 bunch Strawberries
- Heavy Whipping Cream, Vanilla, Powdered Sugar
Supplies: Whisk / Blender Bottle / Hand Mixer, 2 Medium Bowls, Cupcake Pan, Butter Knife, Cutting Board, Ziploc Bag, Tall Cup, Spatula, Cutting Boards, Butter Knife
BBQ Chicken Kebab & Sweet Potato Wedges
- 4-6 Chicken Breast or Thighs, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, 3 Bell Peppers, Onions / Pineapple / or Another Fruit or Veggie of Choice
- Ketchup, Brown Sugar, Worchesire Sauce, Vinegar, Paprika, Chili Powder for Homemade BBQ OR Store-Bought BBQ Sauce
- 3 Sweet Potato, Sea Salt, Olive Oil (or oil of choice)
Supplies: Whisk, Cutting Board, Butter Knife, Kebab Sticks or Skewers (if available), Skillet, Baking Sheet
- Homemade Pizza
- Homemade Dough: 1 packet of Instant Dry Yeast, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder, Flour, Olive Oil, Warm Water
- Homemade Pizza Sauce: 1 can 14.5 oz tomato sauce, 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste, sugar, salt, garlic, Italian Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese
Supplies: Fork, Measuring cups, Measuring spoons, Large bowl, Rubber spatula, 2 Medium Bowls, Baking Sheet