- This event has passed.
Private Party | Virtual Girl Scout Troop #2039 Simple Meals Badge Sat. Feb. 27 | 2-4 PM EST (1-3 PM CST)
February 27, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Troop #2039 join us for this fun virtual class as Girl Scouts will learn how to make a variety of simple meals and earn their simple meals badge.
On the Menu is Homemade Tortillas w/ Homemade Taco Seasoning, Stovetop Granola for Parfaits, Chocolate Fondue
This will be a small-group private cooking class that is held live on an invitation-only basis. A computer or Phone/ Tablet on a stand is required. This allows us to give students feedback and continue our fun social cooking environment virtually. Once you have completed your RSVP registration below you will receive a registration confirmation. 24 hours before the class you will receive a link for the party along with the required password. Below is a list of ingredients and supplies needed for our virtual cooking party. All of our virtual classes use standard cooking equipment, no special equipment needed.
Recipes and classes do require adult supervision during the end of classes cooking portion to ensure student’s safety. Recipes may require the use of a knife so please have a kid-friendly knife available. We use plastic lettuce knives in class, but you can also use a butter knife from home.
Menu & Shopping List: Please note upon registering and noting any allergies our staff will send over allergies substitutions if needed.
Simple Meals Shopping List:
- Homemade Tortillas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (Flour Tortillas) or Corn Masa Flour (Corn Tortillas)
- Warm Water
- 2 TBS butter
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 lb. of Taco Meat of Choice (Turkey, Ground Beef, Chicken,etc.)
- Garlic Powder
- Cumin Powder
- 1/2 cup Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Favorite Taco Toppings: Sour Cream, Lettuce, Tomato, etc..
- Homemade Granola & Parfaits & Fondue
- 1- 5.3 oz plain or vanilla yogurt container
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter or Coconut Oil or Dairy Free Butter
- 1 cup berries of choice (Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas, etc..)
- 1 cup of Rolled Oats
- White Sugar or Honey or Syrup (optional)
- Marshmallows, Banana, or Other dippable treats for Fondue (if Available / Optional)
- 10-12 oz. of Melting Chocolate — Like Almond Bark or Melting Chocolate Wafers (not chocolate chips)
Supplies: Kitchen Scissors, Large Bowl, Rolling pin, Measuring Cups, Measuring Spoons, Butter Knife, Cutting Board, Medium Bowl, Sauté Pan, Blender, Microwaveable Bowl